Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Congrats to Sports Card Radio on 10,000 posts

In an early post, I've always depended on the kindness of strangers, I wrote about winning a contest on a great site, Sports Card Radio.  They have a great fan forum, easy going people posting, and its run by two really nice guys, Colin and Ryan, who give of their time and resources to make it one of the best places on the net for card collectors of all kinds.

Two nights ago, as I was posting on the fan forum, I noticed I contributed post number 9,900.  Much like the giddy anticipation of the odometer on your car turning over to your next mileage milestone, I thought it would be really cool to get post 10,000 and figured it would take at least two days to get there.  But it was not meant to be.   They hit their milestone of 10,000 posts before I even got home last night.

Why the surge in posts?  Could it be the four boxes of hobby cards they are giving away this week alone?

Now I understand I'm decreasing my chances of winning these cards by sending traffic to their site because it is so easy to get in on these contests.  All you really have to do is join the fan forum and post.  But these guys and their site deserve the extra traffic.  They do a fabulous job with their checklists, podcasts, forum and whole bunch of other stuff.  They even mail the prizes at their expense, free to you, and I know those mailing costs are coming out of their own pockets.   I feel they must be supported, even at the cost of decreasing my odds of winning something.  So to get in on their contests, go to their fan forum using this link.

So congratulation to SportCardRadio.com and I'll be looking forward to getting post number 20,000.

1 comment: